Monday, June 7, 2010

Project Red Dress

My little sister Rebecca truly is extremely talented with a sewing machine. For the past four weeks she has been designing and making a dress for a competition called Project Red Dress. Project Red Dress supports the American Heart Association and Go Red for Women's mission to educate and empower women and those affected by heart disease. There were 12 contestants who had to complete a dress in 16 hours. Each dress was judged on its creativity, sewing/structure and runway appearance. The judging took place before and on the runway on Friday in downtown Seattle. I am so PROUD of her because the dress she designed and made WON! She also received the People’s Choice Award. Her fabulous prizes were $3,000 for winning Project Red Dress and $100 gift card as the winner of the People’s Choice Award. After the runway show she was also approached by many local magazine reporters who would like to do a story on her and her dress. Congratulation Rebecca! I know I’ve said this before, but I can’t wait until I get my own made-with-love dress designed and made by my famous little sister.

The Red Dress!

Rebecca walking the runway with her winning dress!

Photography by Jan Klier. Dress by Rebecca Beesley. Dress modeled by Briauna M. Graeber.

2 comments:

Sue said...

That is so awesome. Congratulations to Rebecca. The great thing is the sexy dress that Becca has on is mine, so it is like I won too. Congratulations to me!!! :-) HA

Beesley Family said...

She really needs to tryout for Project Runway!! This dress is to die for. Congrats Becca.