Friday, December 19, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
My sister Sue invited us over to carve pumpkins before Halloween and we all decided that we need some new pumpkin faces. I think we all carved the same faces as we did last year. Regardless, we had a great time and our pumpkins must have been some what scary because we didn’t get one trick-or-treater! BOO!
Friday, October 24, 2008
A couple of years ago Nick and I went as JT (Justin Timberlake) and Britney Spears for Halloween. The next year, while Nick and I were living in New Zealand, JT started off his international tour in Auckland. With all these connections with JT it was only a matter of time before Nick found us a concert to attend. Lo and behold, JT was hosting a benefits concert at the Plant Hollywood in Viva Las Vegas in support of the Shriners Children Hospital this past weekend. A good cause and a chance to see JT live with all his friends…we couldn’t pass it up. We saw the Jonas Brothers, Leona Lewis, Boyz II Men (my favorite of the night), Rihanna, the lead singer of Maroon 5, Esme Denters, Will.I.Am, 50 Cent, Lionel Richie and the man himself, JT!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
7. Felix and Tarzan
About three weeks ago Nick and I became newly adoptive parents of an orange kitty named Felix, Nick calls him Agent Orange, and a fish named Tarzan. This is in addition to Tigger and Midnight, the two cats we already have. It all started when Felix followed Will and Heather home from Akagi Park and somehow became a permanent resident at our house. Felix used to be a Chloe though. This was before we realized that she was actually a he. Now almost every weekend we get a meowing wake up call way before we should be out of bed.
Tarzan came to us when Rebecca moved to Washington. She’s attending a fashion design institute and couldn't transport Tarzan the 12 hours it took her to drive to Seattle. Thus, whom else could she give it to? The only people that will adopt anything, better yet said, Nick and me. Now convincing them to be friends is a different story. Tigger and Midnight beat up on Felix every time we have them in the house. All the cats try and eat poor Tarzan and we're left to referee. I'd say Nick's new plants are the only ones that don't suffer. Never mind! I forgot that Felix jumps up and tries to eat off every leaf. This should be interesting! We'll let you know which one dies first… Just kidding.
6. Vernal Express
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Top 10 "good times" from July 20 to Sept 1
10. Golfing- summers are always full of golfing for me. Wether golfing at Murray golf course where my uncle is a golf pro, leaving work at four to go to River Oaks where my mom and aunt are frequent visitors (my mom even got even par there...and that is without mulligans!), or loving the summer heat in the beautiful St. George. Golf is always a smashing hit even if its not in the fairway.
8. St. George Lovin- When we have a free weekend we love to get away to St. George. Being away from our real lives is refreshing and we enjoyed our time this summer in St. George. We hung out at the pool, relaxed, shopped, watced movies, golfed at Entrada (a Johnny Miller course thats rated the number 2 golf course in Utah by Golf Digest, watched all the bunnies on the golf course(Mariah loved them the most), and we went biking in snow canyon. Since my parents new condo isn't far from snow canyon they got a biking pass there. It's great because we are allowed to take our bikes through without having to pay a fee every time we enter. Since Mariah has never done the bike ride up there we decided she needed to give it a try because it is some of the best scenery. For a first timer Mariah did great over the hills and even though she thought she was going to faint three times she only had to get off the bike once and rest. After the 15 mile bike ride was over we enjoyed more of the pool and relaxing that St. George has to offer. Mariah loved driving the golf cart!
To Be Continued...
Monday, July 14, 2008
Top 10 reasons Our July 4th Outpost Adventure Rocked
10- Getting outdoors away from work and the busy hustle and bustle of normal life was very relaxing. And look how beautiful it was. (This was our 8 mile hike to Miller Lake)
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
S- St. George is one of my favorite pastimes when there is nothing to do on the weekend. Such great weather and my parents new condo is so relaxing.
E- Energetic is how I like my life to be. I dont like sitting and doing nothing. I like to be moving and doing things most of the time.
A- Apples seem to be one of the best fruits ever, although there are a lot of others that are close on the list...AKA PINEAPPLES!
N- Nicholas is my first name, New Zealand is where I currently living, Nerdy is what some people call me, Nice is what i hope to always be, Nasty are the BBQ's of New Zealand, No better restaurant than Cafe Rio, Neat are the electronics of today, and Never knew i had so many different thougts for the letter N.
1. Do you like cheese? Yes, but New Zealand has some interesting cheese, where is my good ol' American cheese?
2. Have you ever been arrested? No is that a good thing?
3. Have you ever shot a gun? Yes. Got my rifle marret badge, used shotguns to TRY and hit clay pigeons, but funny enough I have never shot any of my dads six or so guns.
4. Your favorite song? wow, I love music hard to choose, but at the moment my fav bands are One Republic, Jordan Sparks, Rascal Flatts..to name a few.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Depends on why I am at the doctors
6. What do you think of when you eat hot dogs? Eww, thats the weirdest version of a hot dog. New Zealands way of hot dogs are putting a sausage on a piece of bread folding the bread and putting some weird tasting ketchup on it...dang I MISS AMERICAN FOOD!
7. What's your favorite Christmas song? hmm, there are so many good ones...at this moment I would say "so this is christmas"
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? nothing...the milk in my cereal is perfect
9. Can you do push ups? yes, how many though I have no idea.
10. Is your bathroom clean? Don't ask!!! We live with two other men....so Don't Ask!!
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? hmmm my wedding ring is special, but I really like my watch too.
12. Favorite Hobby? Music, and the Jazz, I hope to get season tickets in the near future if Mariah will let me :)
13. What are you listening to right now? Rascal Flatts "winner at a losing game"
14. What is the last thing you ate? Cereal
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? My motivation, i have so many good things i want to do, but i just need more motivation to get me over that hump.
16. Middle Name? Sean
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? What type of house will one day have? When will i be back in the states? why do we need to wear retainers to keep our teeth in place, why cant they just stay where they are supposed to?
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought. Pizza, panini sandwhich, candy
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Water, sprite, fruit drinks
20. Current worry right now? to many!
21. Current hate? strong word, but i would say I hate the feelings of being sad, or when those you love are sad...its just no fun.
22. Favorite place to be? right now i would say CAFE RIO, haven't been there for a long time and i would love to be able to go there.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Dancing around, playing with sparklers, and looked at the starey starey New Zealand sky.
24. What is your quirkiest habit? the uncontrolable dancing and singing i sometimes do!
25. Name three people who will complete this and return? I’m not sure.
26. How many siblings do you have? 4 older brothers
27. Do you own slippers? no but i have been thinking of getting some sweet New Zealand Wool slippers
28. What shirt are you wearing? a brown Del Sol shirt(the last company i worked for)
29. What shampoo do you use? Herbal Essence.
30. Favorite colors? yellow or orange
31. Would you like to be a pirate? Yes, as long as I was as strikingly hot and sexy as Orlando Bloom (Mariah loves him)
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? any and every song that is stuck in my head
33.Favorite female name? hmm..besides Mariah I'm not too sure.
34. Favorite male name? Beau
35. What's in your pockets right now? nothing
36. Last thing that made you laugh? can't say!
37. Best bed sheets as a child? I LOVED MY SESAME STREET BED SHEETS, ALSO THE STAR WARS BEDSHEETS WERE AWESOME.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? I was playing basketball in California, I came down on my brothers foot, twisted my ankle really bad...the good thing was I had to use a wheelchair at disneyland...so we got to the front of every line!!!!
39. When's your birthday? May 30
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? well...two, but not really...the two tv's are in our roommates rooms so we can't watch them :( . we dont watch much tv anymore.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Brandon, only because he is probably my only friend! hahah
42. There is no 42
43. Does someone have a crush on you? you tell me.
44. Do you wish on shooting stars? do i wish...all the time...on shooting starts..i think not.
45.What is your favorite book ? Kite Runner, it was the last book i read and i though it was very good.
46.What is your favorite age? hmm...well anytime before marriage...only because it meant i could do whatever i wanted and i didnt have to pay for anything. although i wouldnt change being married to mariah for anything, she's the best!
47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? well i did sing to mariah at our wedding, Garth Brooks
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Not really sure, but i love...be still my soul!!!
.49. What were you doing at 12 am this morning? filling out this thing!
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? dont remember
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
- Nick and I got married on September 1, 2007: We finally tied the knot after six years of dating. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple surrounded by our family and friends. It was the most beautiful day and we are so excited to start our lives together.
- I graduated from the University of Utah: Although I actually graduated in the fall of 2006 I still felt it was 2007 worthy. I received my Bachelor of Science Degree in Communication Technology and soon after started job hunting. I found work for a company called JRC Inc. as a sales assistant and enjoyed my employment there.
- My sisters and I travel to Europe: For 10 days my sisters, Rebecca and Sue, and I travelled to London, Paris and Rome. We had a wonderful time and only fought occasional. We saw lots of famous sites; Stonehenge, Big Ben, the Tower of London, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Sistine Chapel, the Coliseum and so much more.
- Nick proposes: I know you all know the outcome of Nick’s proposal, but it was a very big event in both our lives. He swept me off my feet with a perfect proposal. We had dinner at The Roof, followed by a walk around Temple Square. Later we watched a homemade movie with pictures and stories of our relationship. My heart started racing as Nick got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I answered with a very excited “YES!”
- We moved to New Zealand: Nick and I decide to move to New Zealand. We will be working and travelling throughout New Zealand during our stay here. We are currently working in Fox Glacier for Glacier Helicopters. We have already made many unforgettable memories and are excited for the many adventures that await us. We have travelled to Christchurch, Nelson and we’re spending Christmas in Queenstown.
We wish you the best in 2008 and anyone is welcome to visit us in New Zealand.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
We have been busy little working bees since Christmas, or so it has felt, for the past week. That didn’t stop us though, from being the first people to ring in the New Year. Nick and I were completing whether we should stay up to experience the New Year. Well, around 11:30 I was in bed ready for sleep and couldn’t be bothered to stay up just 30 more minutes to ring in the New Year. Of course I could be bothered though. Santana, a woman we work with and occasional look after her two children for, came and bothered me. She came knocking on our door and drug me out of bed for some sparkling cider and fireworks. We ran around the house with sparklers, lit firework, made toasts to the New Year and enjoyed the beautiful night sky. Seeing as we were one of the first people to experience the new year we thought we’d let you know it was well worth staying up for. We had a wonderful time with Santana and her two girls, Akasha and Jameelah, and started the New Year off with a bang. Many firsts for Nick and I and we are excited for the adventures ahead.
Happy New Years!