Tuesday, January 8, 2008

2007 Highlights

It is a little late, but Mariah has put together a Christmas letter of our 2007 highlights that I thought you would enjoy!

Mariah and Nick Barker
2007 Highlights

  1. Nick and I got married on September 1, 2007: We finally tied the knot after six years of dating. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple surrounded by our family and friends. It was the most beautiful day and we are so excited to start our lives together.


  2. I graduated from the University of Utah: Although I actually graduated in the fall of 2006 I still felt it was 2007 worthy. I received my Bachelor of Science Degree in Communication Technology and soon after started job hunting. I found work for a company called JRC Inc. as a sales assistant and enjoyed my employment there.


  3. My sisters and I travel to Europe: For 10 days my sisters, Rebecca and Sue, and I travelled to London, Paris and Rome. We had a wonderful time and only fought occasional. We saw lots of famous sites; Stonehenge, Big Ben, the Tower of London, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Sistine Chapel, the Coliseum and so much more.


  4. Nick proposes: I know you all know the outcome of Nick’s proposal, but it was a very big event in both our lives. He swept me off my feet with a perfect proposal. We had dinner at The Roof, followed by a walk around Temple Square. Later we watched a homemade movie with pictures and stories of our relationship. My heart started racing as Nick got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I answered with a very excited “YES!”


  5. We moved to New Zealand: Nick and I decide to move to New Zealand. We will be working and travelling throughout New Zealand during our stay here. We are currently working in Fox Glacier for Glacier Helicopters. We have already made many unforgettable memories and are excited for the many adventures that await us. We have travelled to Christchurch, Nelson and we’re spending Christmas in Queenstown.

    We wish you the best in 2008 and anyone is welcome to visit us in New Zealand.

1 comment:

BeesleyFamily said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! -Alicia