Saturday, January 5, 2008

Very "First" New Years!

HELLO 2008! This is going to be a fantastic year for Nick and I. We are starting new is so many different aspects. For one it’s a new year, two we’re in New Zealand and three we’re planning on moving to the north island of New Zealand in the near future. What a great way to start the New Year. By the way, Happy New Year!
We have been busy little working bees since Christmas, or so it has felt, for the past week. That didn’t stop us though, from being the first people to ring in the New Year. Nick and I were completing whether we should stay up to experience the New Year. Well, around 11:30 I was in bed ready for sleep and couldn’t be bothered to stay up just 30 more minutes to ring in the New Year. Of course I could be bothered though. Santana, a woman we work with and occasional look after her two children for, came and bothered me. She came knocking on our door and drug me out of bed for some sparkling cider and fireworks. We ran around the house with sparklers, lit firework, made toasts to the New Year and enjoyed the beautiful night sky. Seeing as we were one of the first people to experience the new year we thought we’d let you know it was well worth staying up for. We had a wonderful time with Santana and her two girls, Akasha and Jameelah, and started the New Year off with a bang. Many firsts for Nick and I and we are excited for the adventures ahead.

Happy New Years!

1 comment:

Wilde Things said...

Awesome picture! I'm glad you had a blast!
Happy New Year!!