Thursday, October 22, 2009

The boys are in town

Me and baby Caleb


My sister Sue had twins yesterday at 35 weeks. It was very unexpected as she wasn’t due till November 25th and for the fact that I saw her 8 hours before the babies came. I could have sworn I told her NOT to have the babies, but I guess I was talking to myself. We had been eating pizza, telling Mike to practice his umbilical cord cutting skills and researching how to turn the babies. At the time they were feet first and Sue wanted them to turn around. Instead she had a c-section where Mike, the new father, and a nurse fainted. Welcome to Parenthood!

Little baby Owen and Caleb were born around 9AM and are super cute and make the cutest little baby noises. I’m still totally terrified to hold them and it looks like I’m going to have to overcome my fear of babies sooner than later. Owen is 5lb 11oz and 19 inches long and Caleb is 4lb 10oz and 18 inches long. They are super cute and I can’t wait for Sue and Mike to hold them so I can view them from a distance. Ha! Just kidding!


Little baby Caleb


Little baby Owen

4 comments:

Barker Family said...

Tell Sue congrats and that we are way excited for her!!

Sue said...

You are funny! Super Cute babies. :-)

Rebecca Beesley said...

I'm so jealous! I can't wait till I get home so I can hold them too. Please don't break them before I get there :)

Caitlin said...

congrats auntie! you'll love 'em, and get over the fear - rob kind of had it, too. my unsolicited advice - cuddle them as much as you can while they let you - they grow out of that stage way too fast, so it's super precious while it lasts. I want to hold them soon - to remember what the tiny-ness was like. :)