Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hello Seattle

Nick and I visited my talented little sister Becca who lives in Seattle and who should really try out for Project Runway. She is an amazing seamstress! Now getting her to make me a dress is like asking her to chew her own arm off. It’s impossible. One of these days I will own a Rebecca original.

Becca was a wonderful hostess and we saw all of Seattle. We went to Alki Beach, Pioneer Square, antique shopping and the waterfront. Best part of the day was eating half of Becca's clam chowder/sour dough bread bowl of goodness.
Went to Pike's Market the next day where I just had to donate to some cats in need. I promise it was for a good cause. Saw the first Starbuck's and taste tested at least 3 or 4 pieces of gum off of the already-been-chewed gum wall. Yummy!

My cute little sister at Pike's Market! Nick and I at the top of the Space Needle. FYI - It's a 45 second elevator ride to the top. Times that by 2 and you get 90 seconds for the ride up and down then divide the $17 we paid per person by 90 and it come out to equal about .19 cents per second per person. Now that is one expensive elevator ride. Beautiful outlook from the top and we had crystal clear skies and a perfect view of Mt. Rainer. It was actually beautiful weather our entire trip, which is rather odd for Seattle in the middle of March. No rain makes me a happy traveler.

Don't you love Becca's running man? Ha ha! At night we played Nurtz and for any of you that know Becca and know how crazy she can get you can imagine that it wasn’t very fun for Nick and I and the three games maximum we agreed to play. Instead we played a ton of Yathezz, Golf and Harry Potter (a game that does have an official name, we just don’t know what it is).

On Sunday Becca took us to the Fremont Market (I love/am a sucker for open markets), the Fremont Troll, Gas Works Park and to church. We met all her flings. Oolala! Let me tell you something… Becca is big deal in Seattle.


We love Becca and are so glad that she begged and pleaded with us to come up. It was well worth the trip.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I like the sounds of that, a Rebecca original. I want to own one too. Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope we get the same great treatment when we go up next month.

Unknown said...

Come back!!